Saturday, August 25, 2012


Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory.

Today's workout was actually a shortened version of a Tough Mudder it was great fun!

I biked 4 miles to the obstacle course arriving about an hour before race start.

The race itself was intense. I made the mistake of not lining up early enough so I was stuck running the with the third wave of ten instead up front with the faster individuals. I finished the 5k course (3.2 mi.) in 5th place. The other 4 ran together with a minute head start on the course so I never saw them. I was only 58 seconds from first place and 13 secs from 4th so next time I'm taking that first wave! My finish time was 24:11.

I finished up with a another 4 miles back to the house.

Now I've got a week to get ready for a marathon!

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there to watch! Good job tuffing it out. Too bad you didn't have anyone pushing you besides yourself. But then, that's what you'll have to do at the world's toughest mudder comp in Nov.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep it was a good experience wish you guys could have come as well!

    ReplyDelete