Monday, August 13, 2012

Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.


Coming off a relaxing weekend I decided to try something a little different today.

This workout is inspired by the wrestlers of India. Some of India's most prominent wrestlers would complete up to 2000 reps of the Hindu squat everyday! The Dive Bomber push ups are a more intense variation of their push up called the "Dand" but similiar in motion.


For time:
200 Hindu Squats
50 Dive Bomber Push Ups


After 150 Squats I was starting to think my quadriceps were going to tear right off! My goal for the first week of Sept is 1000 Hindu Squats. and 200 Dive Bomber push ups for time. 

Anyone trying this workout should make sure to do the Dive Bombers second as it drains a lot of the excess blood out of your quads from the squats. This will decrease the level of delayed onset muscle soreness.

Guys tomorrow's workout will be running. Its going to be intense, so check in tomorrow!

Also, I have a facebook page now (http://www.facebook.com/Rankinmudder). I will be posting more pictures to the facebook page and some videos in addition to my daily updates here on this training log. 

No comments:

Post a Comment